Saturday, May 13, 2006

Vacation Is Over


Well, my full week off from work has come to an end. Evidently, everything looked "OK" on the "echo" I had on Tuesday since I haven't heard anything since. Had that tooth pulled on Friday morning - it was painful, but it's over. And as expected, the dentist's office hit me up for even more money - charged me an additional $40 for the laughing gas without telling me in advance that it was extra. And my guess is, they rarely use it. It took them several attempts to get the gas flowing. When it did finally reach the nose mask, it must have been near 100% because I got real silly real fast. They turned it back down, and I am convinced they shut it completely off. Then the dentist copped attitude with me because I squirmed a bit while he was shoving the 1st needle into my gums. And from that moment on, he showed me no mercy. The 2nd needle went into the roof of my mouth - and felt like he shoved it all the way up into my skull. Can it get any worse? Absolutely! Nothing was numb when he started twisting and tugging at the tooth. I'm not sure, because I had my eyes closed, but I think he may have used a crow bar. The novacain, or whatever it was that he injected with the 3 foot needles, started working about an hour after I left the place. Between that and the pain pills, I didn't really suffer much after that evil tooth was gone.

On the lighter side, the boat has been de-winterized and is ready to hit the water. There was an unexpected repair, however, which cost an extra $100 + above what I had budgeted for, so unless somebody wants to cover the price of gas . . .

Isn't a week of vacation supposed to be fun? Oh well, that old familiar jingle comes to mind when I think about Monday (to the tune of "Hi Ho" from "Snow White"):

"I owe, I owe, so off to work I go . . . "

No comments: